This dish will be the hit of any party or dinner that you are having. This potato recipe is great for an appetizer or as a side dish with dinner. They are small little cheesy bites that are covered with bacon and green onions. How can something with bacon be good for you? Buy Center Cut Bacon and it has half the fat then the regular cut of bacon has but still all the flavor. I also like to make the bacon a little more cooked through that way when you have to crumble up the bacon it is easier. This potato recipe is good hot or cold and the leftovers are very tasty as well. Everyone will be asking you to make this for your next get together, I know my family does.
3 lbs. new potatoes (about 30 potatoes)
8 oz Fat Free cream cheese
4 Tbsp of fat free sour cream
4 Tbsp of Grated Parmesan Cheese
8 slices of Oscar Myer Center Cut Bacon
¼ cup of green onions chopped
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Before cutting each potato in half slice off a little from each end so the potato will lie flat on the baking sheet. Then cut the potato in half. This saves your fingers
3. Spread the Olive oil over the top of the potatoes.
4. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
6. Cook the center cut bacon as directed.
7. Next combined cream cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
Here is a Secret tip to help spread the cream cheese, sour cream, and parmesan cheese place all the items into a Ziploc bag. The easiest way I found to put the topping on the potatoes is to snip off a small hole at the bottom corner of the bag and pipe it out for easy spreading.
8. Let the potatoes cool for a little bit and then spread on the cheese mixture about a little less than a teaspoon each. Then top each potato with some bacon and green onions.
1 Serving: Calories 70; Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1.8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 110mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g); Protein 2g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Weight Watchers Points Plus:1
Weight Watchers Points:1