“This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
Craving Pizza? I found a healthy deep dish pizza casserole that can be made in 30 minutes and less than 5 ingredients! This can be made quicker than calling in or online ordering and a lot healthier than delivery.
This is becoming another classic in my household. This is great when you are craving pizza but you want something healthier. I have the answer Deep Dish Pizza Casserole.
This hot cheesy meaty meal is great for kids that you want to eat healthy and the adults will enjoy it as well.
All you need for your Healthy Deep Dish Pizza Casserole is :
- 1 pound of ground beef ( 93/7 or 96/4)
- Refrigerated Pizza dough crust (Pillsbury Original Crust)
- Ragu Pizza Sauce
- 1 package of Mozzarella shredded cheese
All your kitchen supplies you need:
- Skillet to brown the ground beef
- The best ever spatula for browning ground beef
- 8X8 baking dish
- Metal spatula
Fun history fact on Deep Dish Pizza Casserole:
Did you know that the pizza industry is a $30 billion dollar industry. Everyone has their favorite way to order a pizza from thin crispy crust to stuffed to deep dish pizza.
So instead of learning about fun history facts about deep dish pizza lets get cooking.
Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
- 1 pound of extra lean ground beef
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- 1 can of refrigerated pizza crust dough use Pillsbury and not thin crust
- 1½ cups of reduced fat part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Crushed Red Peppers optional
- Little bit of flour to roll out pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cook the meat in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Drain access oil and return to skillet. Turn down the hear and add your favorite pizza sauce. * You can also use marinara sauce but I have come to really love the pizza sauce in this recipe better.
- While the beef is cooking, sprinkle some flour on a parchment paper and roll out your pizza dough this way making it easier to fit into the 8X8 -inch baking dish. Make sure you spray the pan with cooking spray, do not miss the sides of the pan or the crust will stick to it. Lay the crust into the baking dish. Press the dough to the sides coming about half way up the baking dish to make a crust.
- Once the meat and sauce are combined, place the mixture into the baking dish on top of the rolled out pizza crust. Make sure to evenly spread it throughout the whole baking dish. Next bake for 15 minutes. * Watch the sides of the crust if they start to turn brown take it out of the oven. Pull out of the oven and place the mozzarella cheese on top of the meat mixture to cover from end to end. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is a light golden brown and then remove from the oven.
- Wait about 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the Crushed Red Peppers on and Enjoy.
I have a number of different ways to make it for the picky eaters in your life. You can make it with just tomato sauce, you can add chunky Italian style tomato sauce to it and get a little extra flavor to it, or you can also use Fire Roasted tomato sauce to give it a little bit more of a smoky flavor.
This dish can be made in less than 30 minutes and is great the next day for leftovers as well. Add a side salad with your favorite low fat dressing and you have a meal your family will love.