Are you trying to find the diet that works but don’t like the diet menus. This is a great healthy Meatball Sub sandwich that you can eat and still stay under you calorie content and still enjoy yummy foods. This easy meatball recipe can be cooked under 45 minutes and still have plenty for leftovers tomorrow. This cheesy meaty goodness will have you full before you know it. This also reminded me about Subway Meatball subs. I enjoyed subway meatball subs ever since I was younger and really missed them when I started watching my diet. This recipe is almost like you are eating those subs again. Kids will be begging for this meal every week and the great thing is its easy simple and doesn’t use a lot of ingredients.
1 Serving: Calories 307;Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 37mg; Sodium 769mg; Total Carbohydrate 33.7g (Dietary Fiber 3.2g, Sugar 6.3g); Protein 28.5g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 8
- 1lb of extra lean ground beef (94/6)
- ¼ cup of Garlic and Herb Breadcrumbs ( Progresso is what is used in this recipe)
- ½ jar of tomato basil pasta sauce (Classico is the sauce I used in this recipe)
- 1/8 of Parmesan cheese
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1 cup of reduced fat part skim mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Get a mixing bowl and add the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese in the bowl and then add the beef. Mix all together.
- Get a baking sheet out and line with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Now shape the meat into medium size meatballs should look like about golf balls.
- Place all the meatballs on the baking sheet.
- After the meatballs have been in the oven for 6 minutes flip them over.
- Put the sauce into a pan but leave enough room for the meatballs so a larger sauce pan.
- After the meatballs are done slice each meatball in half and add to the pasta sauce.
- Tip: The reason I do this is so it is easier to put inside of the hotdog buns and will not make as big of mess when biting into the hot dog.
- While the sauce is warming place 6 hotdog buns on a pan and warm those in the oven at 450 flip them in 4 minutes to make sure both sides get nice and crispy.
- Add the meat and sauce mixture to each hotdog bun and top off with mozzarella cheese and place back in the oven and turn it on boil to melt the cheese.
- Tip: Only leave it the oven in for a couple of minutes but make sure you watch it to not burn it.
- Now if you like spice add a little bit of crushed pepper flavors on top for the grown up flavor leave it off for the kids.
- Nutritional Information
- Serving: Calories 307;Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 37mg; Sodium 769mg; Total Carbohydrate 33.7g (Dietary Fiber 3.2g, Sugar 6.3g); Protein 28.5g
- *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Weight Watchers Points Plus: 8