When it comes to breakfast or brunch there are a lot of ideas out there. This is a healthy breakfast recipe you, your guest and family will love. You can make it a fancy healthy recipe for your guest by adding all kinds of veggies or kid friendly recipe in case you have a picky eater. The options are endless on what you can put in the breakfast crescent roll. This can be the best veggie crescent wrap your friends and family have ever had or the best ham, egg and cheese wrap that your kids will ask for time and time again. Once you have the recipe down you can add your favorite veggies such as broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach. Then again you can add your favorite healthy meats such as Canadian ham, center cut bacon, and low fat sausage. There are many different ways to make this recipe that way you and your family will never get tired of this wonderful breakfast crescent wrap. Enjoy
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
6 egg whites
1 cup chopped low fat ham ( low sodium)
½ cup of chopped white onion
1 ½ cups of chopped Broccoli (optional)
½ cup of red bell peppers (optional)
½ cup chopped asparagus (optional)
1 cup of reduced fat cheddar Cheese (u can use fat free cheese for less 4g of fat and 2g of saturated fat)
2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls reduced fat
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Turn the stove on to medium high heat. Place a skillet with cooking spray on to the stove.
3. Place the ham and onion into the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until the onion is opaque.
4. Place all the eggs in a medium bowl add salt and pepper to taste and whisk until blended. Pour into the pan. Also add the rest of the veggies into the pan as well. Stir occasionally until the eggs are cooked all the way through.
3. To make the ring use a pizza stone or large baking sheet. When you unroll the crescent rolls you are going to lay them in a circle with a slight overlapping pattern. The points of the crescent roll face outwards. When you are done it should look like a sun.
4. Using an ice cream scoop you are going to spoon in your mixture on to the wide part of the crescent roll and continue the process in a circle all the way around. Add the cheese on top of the egg and veggie mix.
5. Now you will fold the crescent rolls back over the top of the mixture towards the center of the circle. Continue this all the way around until it is all wrapped.
6. Brush the top of the crescent roll with the lightly beaten egg white and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and then slice and serve.
1 Serving: Calories 197 ; Total Fat 9.1g (Saturated Fat 3.4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 58mg; Sodium 627mg; Total Carbohydrate 18.3g (Dietary Fiber .4g, Sugars 3.9g); Protein 12.6g *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5
Weight Watchers Points: 4.5