Are you looking for a healthy appetizer for a party? This one is a great appetizer that can be made ahead and heat up once all the guest arrive. This recipe has everything that any guest would want and they would never know it’s healthy for them. It’s fun and easy to make and once you make it you will want to make it over and over again.
This recipe could also be used as a dinner idea. You can add your leftover meats and veggies from earlier that week to make a whole new kind of dinner ring. You can also change out the cheddar cheese for Lacy Swiss or even low fat Mozzarella cheese this will give you a whole new experience with the dinner ring.
Do you want to get your kids involved with helping you cook? This recipe is great for having kids involved with making it. They can help put the chicken, broccoli and the cheese onto the crescent rolls using an ice cream scooper.
The picture to the right shows you how the Ring is suppose to look when finished. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving : 8
2 cups of cooked white chicken breasts coarsely cut
2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls reduced fat
1 ½ cups of chopped Broccoli
1 cup of reduced fat cheddar Cheese
½ cup of red bell peppers
1/3 cup of mayo fat free
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 egg white lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine all 6 ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.Set aside.
3. To make the ring use a pizza stone or large baking sheet. When you unroll the crescent rolls you are going to lay them in a circle with a slight overlapping pattern. The points of the crescent roll face outwards. When you are done it should look like a sun.
4. Using an ice cream scoop you are going to place your mixture on to the wide part of the crescent roll and continue the process in a circle all the way around. Once the mixture is in you are going to fold the crescent rolls back over the top of the mixture back towards the center of the circle.
5. Brush the top of the crescent roll with the lightly beaten egg white and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and then slice and serve.
1 Serving: Calories 136 ; Total Fat 5.2g (Saturated Fat 2.7g, Trans Fat g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 222mg; Total Carbohydrate 5.6g (Dietary Fiber .2g, Sugars 1.4g); Protein 15.4g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 18%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 14%; Iron 3%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 3
Weight Watchers Points: 3