Serving 4 (2 tacos per person)
Have you heard all of the buzz about fish tacos? Well, I got hungry for some and finally came up with a great recipe that is healthy and tastes great also. One of the great things about fish tacos is that only one fillet of fish can make up to 2 tacos. I was full, not necessarily an easy thing to do, after eating my taco. I made enough so that I could have another one for lunch the next day. Great thing about it is putting it together for lunch the next day takes only a matter of minutes. Just takes a couple of minutes to put together and 1 minute to heat up in the microwave. It will not smell up the office kitchen either. So you have a fast healthy lunch ready in minutes.
If you have kids and have been trying to get them to east more veggies in their diet, this is a great way to add them while being a fun food to eat. I like to use broccoli slaw, tomatoes and even some fruit salsa such as mango salsa on my fish tacos. You get all kinds of wonderful benefits from the veggies and fruits. Yum. I may be getting hungry for more fish tacos just writing about them.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6
Weight Watchers Points: 4.5
- 4 Filets of Tilapia
- 1 Tbsp of Jerk seasoning (or Blackened seasoning or Lemon pepper will work just as good)
- 1 Tbsp of Jerk Marinade from Lawry’s or KC Masterpiece
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup of Broccoli Slaw
- 1 cup of Cabbage
- 1 cup of Mango Salsa ( I like to get it fresh in my produce isle)
- Turn on the stovetop to a medium heat and make sure you have a pan big enough to fit the all 4 filets in.
- Season the Tilapia with the Jerk Seasoning. Spray the pan with some Pam and place the Filets season side up. (sounds funny I know but this way it can cook into the fish and when you flip it over it will not be all burnt) Cook for 5 minutes and then flip for another 5 minutes or until the fish is complete cooked, make sure not to overcook it that way it’s not dried out.
- Next put together the broccoli slaw and the cabbage slaw in a bowl and put the 1 Tbsp in of Jerk Marinade. Stir till everything is mixed together really well. Put to the side.
- Time to put together all the ingredients. Take 2 corn tortillas and put half a filet in each corn tortillas. Then put ¼ cup of cabbage/broccoli slaw on each. Last put a Tablespoon of Mango salsa on top (you can add more if you like) .
- You now have Fish Tacos ENJOY
- Nutritional Information
- Serving: Calories 250; Total Fat 3.1g (Saturated Fat .6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 744mg; Total Carbohydrate 31.3g (Dietary Fiber 9.7, Sugar 10g); Protein 26.1g
- *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6
- Weight Watchers Points: 4.5