I love having fish in my weekly menu because it can be a huge time saver. When I have a busy night ahead of me and not a long time to cook, I love putting together a quick meal with fish. Most fish only takes 10 to 15 minutes to cook when using either the stovetop or the oven or one of my new favorite tools, my air fryer!
You can make so many different types of meals with fish. This recipe is for “fried fish”. Since you are using panko breadcrumbs and baking it you are playing a trick on your taste buds, they will think you are eating fried fish but you are really having a healthy version of fried fish. It’s so simple to make and not a lot of ingredients you have to buy.
You can also change out the seasonings for different flavors some of my favorites are Jamaican Jerk seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or Asian seasoning. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 4-6 ounces of Tilapia
- ½ cup of panko
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 425. Place a piece of foil on an aluminum pan and spray with cooking spray to keep it from sticking.
- Mix the panko and Italian seasoning together in a dish. Place the egg whites in the other dish. Dip the fish into the egg white and then into the panko Italian seasoning mixture. Make sure the fish is evenly coated.
- Place the tilapia on top of the aluminum pan and place in the oven
- Cook for 15 minutes (or internally 145 degrees) and then turn on the broil for 2 minutes keep an eye on it because it will burn quickly. You are just trying to get the panko mixture a little more crunchy.
- While the fish is cooking, steam the broccoli for 8 minutes (or less depending on your taste). Cook the rice as directed. Pull the tilapia out of the oven.
- Place 1 cup of broccoli, ½ cup of rice and 1 filet and serve
*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.